
On Saturday morning we woke up to a Winter Wonderland!! We had the most beautiful first snow of the year! After our traditional Saturday breakfast of pancakes, Bill took the girls out for a little fun in the snow. Lauren just wanted to catch the snowflakes on her tongue. Allison was content just being outside! After a short stay outside, we decided it was time to get the girls some boots to wear in the cold weather. Last year we had a hard time playing outside in the snow because they only had tennis shoes to play in. So I decided it was time to go ahead and get them some warm shoes for this season.
By the time we got back home from boot shopping, the snow was mostly melted, but they were able to break in their new boots at the Powell Christmas parade that evening. We enjoyed the parade but it was indeed very cold!! The girls loved the parade and waved at everyone going by. They especially loved all the candy they collected!
Lauren catching snowflakes on her tongue.

Lauren catching snowflakes on her tongue.

Lauren cleaning the snow off the van.

Today we enjoyed a Christmas brunch at church. The girls always love getting to eat at church. We also enjoyed a Christmas program performed by our Children's Church and Bible Basics groups. The program was precious and I took several videos during the show, but all of them are too long to upload to the blog. I have not learned how to edit the videos, so I'll just have to wait to post any of those.

Today we enjoyed a Christmas brunch at church. The girls always love getting to eat at church. We also enjoyed a Christmas program performed by our Children's Church and Bible Basics groups. The program was precious and I took several videos during the show, but all of them are too long to upload to the blog. I have not learned how to edit the videos, so I'll just have to wait to post any of those.
During the brunch, our preacher Mark was presented with a surprise gift of all kinds of hats from members of our congregation. Tomorrow Mark will undergo surgery to remove a brain tumor. We are praying for a very successful surgery and a quick recovery.
Our preacher Mark showing off a few of his hats.
After the Christmas program the children were treated to a special visit from Santa Claus. Here are Allison and Lauren standing in line to talk to Santa.




No comments:
Post a Comment