Monday, January 19, 2009

Snow Flakes Falling All Over Town


Matching Sweaters, hats and mittens
I love to watch snowflakes fall peacefully down. What a gorgeous snowfall we enjoyed all day long. Too bad the temperature wasn't a little colder and maybe all those beautiful flakes would have stuck around longer. I love the snow!!!!

We enjoyed a wonderful Monday as my Mom and Dad came for a visit. They had not seen the girls since Christmas. Allison was saying Granny and PawPaw in her bed this morning when she woke up. The girls enjoyed watching the snow falling and watching for Granny and PawPaw to pull up in the drive way.
Bill had to work today, so we all drove up to Clinton to eat lunch with him. What a splendid drive it was in the snow. We had lunch at Harrison's there in Clinton. That place is always fun because Bill and I went there on our first official date 6 years ago.

When we got back home from lunch we let the girls play in the snow for a while. They enjoyed my Mom making them snowballs to eat! Allison had fun running around with her hands out catching the snowflakes.

Allison chasing snowflakes

Allison is going to find more snow!!!







After getting our feet and the bottom of our pants wet, we came in to dry off and warm up. Everything was great until Allison got sick. She experienced her first time throwing up. Luckily I got her off the carpet and onto the kitchen floor before she threw up, because we couldn't believe how much that sweet girl had in her stomach. She did not eat much lunch at all. She was so weak after the ordeal, she slept on my shoulder for a little while before I put her down for her nap. She has not been sick again and she was able to eat a Popsicle and a cracker for supper and then 2 more crackers before she went to bed. We are praying that it is an isolated incident.
With all the excitement of my parents coming I did not even realize until late this evening that it was Allison's 20 month birthday. I sang happy birthday to her and she was saying happy birthday to herself. I feel really bad because Lauren and I always sing happy birthday to Allison on her month birthday. I didn't even tell Lauren today that it was her sissy's 20 month birthday. :( I guess with all the fun she had with Uncle Bill today and her grandparents I didn't find the time to tell her. We'll sing happy birthday to Allison in the morning at breakfast! I love you my sweet girls.










3 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks like the girls had lots of fun...and we can take many more pictures today!! I hope Allison is feeling better, poor girl.

I remember feeling bad when I'd miss one of the month milestones...but I just couldn't keep up with them after awhile...especially with Sam. Don't feel too bad! :)

April said...

Those girls are too cute! I love the matching sweaters, mittens, and hats. I'm glad you guys got to enjoy the snow, too. Sorry Allison got sick. I do hope she's much better now!

Holly Aytes said...

I love their sweaters, hats and mittens! Glad you got to enjoy your parents and the snow too! I sure wish we had a received just a little bit more.