Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dress-up

Lauren and Allison's idea of playing dress up involves finding clothes from each others wardrobe and putting them on. About a month ago I went in to Lauren's room one day while she was in quiet time and she had on her bathing suit. From that day on, it has been one of her favorite things to play. She calls it swimming. She gets on her bathing suit and uses her bean bag as the pool. She has even taught the game to Allison. They put on every bathing suit they own and go swimming in their "pools". I had to set the rule in place stating they had to ask me before they played swimming. It would be time for dinner and both girls would be undressed trying to get their bathing suits on. Or it would be time to go somewhere and they would come out with their bathing suits on.
From the bathing suits, they moved to playing "summer". This is where they wear each others shorts and short sleeved shirts. Poor Lauren comes down the hall wearing a size 2T shorts that are noticeably too tight (and look very uncomfortable) and a t-shirt that is equally too small. Behind her comes Allison wearing Lauren's shorts that are about to fall off her at any moment and a shirt that looks more like a dress. Then they try on every pair of shoes they can get their feet in. They can entertain themselves for hours playing with their clothes. The only downside has been that I have had more laundry to do because many of the clothes they would play in ended up in the laundry basket!
Here are a few shots of them in their "summer clothes" playing with their babies.

Lauren and Allison playing "summer"
Wow these girls look so much alike!
Sisterly love

Today Lauren was playing "summer" and had to wear her own clothes because she could not get to Allison's clothes because she was sleeping. Notice the stylish shoes and socks with her shorts. Also she asked me to braid her hair this morning. I had one small braid off to the side. After school she brought me more ponytail holders and asked me to put another braid on the other side. We ended up with 3 braids! In this picture she has those big sad eyes because I would not put her gloves on her. She came out of her quiet time about 4 times before this time and I told her I would not help her put anything else on.
Those are some really sad eyes. :(


This last picture I took tonight when I checked in on Allison before going to bed. I thought it was so cute how she was using Minnie for a pillow!

4 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

How funny that they wear each others clothes :) Love that 1st pic...those shorts on Lauren remind me of gym shorts from long ago (with how short they are and all). Those were some sad eyes. Madison comes out of quiet time numerous times so we get those sad eyes too and a very good pout to go w/ the eyes. All 3 of my kids use some kind of stuffed animal to lay on, the put it right on top of their pillow :) She does look so sweet!

Cindy said...

Such cute girls...what fun! If only I could get Will to wear his regular clothes without complaining! Ugh! No fun dressing up around here. I enjoyed the pictures...and am living vicariously through them at the moment. Thanks! :)

April said...

How fun is it that both girls play together so well and enjoy their clothes, too! Nice that they are able to turn a nessecity (sp?) into entertainment! Those two girls are just beautiful and they do looks so much alike!!!

Bill said...

Ok, my nieces are SOOOOO cute I can hardly stand it!