Today both girls went to the dentist. This was their second trip to the dentist and it was not a pleasant visit for ME!! The hygienist came out to take Lauren back and she didn't hesitate going with her. The first time the girls went to the dentist I was able to go back with them. Then, another hygienist came out a few minutes later. She said, "Where's Allison?" Allison jumped up and ran to the lady and she didn't even look back at me!!! The lady did say that if they needed me, she'd come get me! Man, was I feeling very sad sitting there in the waiting room with both of my girls back in the dentist chair without their Mommy!! After a short while, Allison and the lady came out and she said Allison did a great job. They got to actually clean her teeth. (They didn't get to do that the last visit because Allison was afraid. The wanted to keep the visit a positive one last time so they didn't push her to let them clean her teeth.) They even got X-rays this time.
Lauren did a great job also. She did have a little tarter built up on her lower teeth which they had to "scale" (scrape) off. I guess she did fine with that. I finally got to go back when the dentist was checking their teeth. I got one picture of Lauren and a couple of Allison. I actually think Lauren loves the dentist office. Let's hope she continues to think that way. More importantly, I hope the girls don't need a lot of dental work.
Although I was sad sitting there by myself in the waiting room, I was also very thankful that both girls were comfortable going in there alone. I was so proud of both girls. They never cease to amaze me. I love you Lauren and Allison.
Lauren in the dentist chair

Allison showing her newly cleaned teeth



1 comment:
Hooray for a wonderful well child visit, for getting the flu mist over and done, and for having two very confident little ladies! It is hard to feel like you're "not needed," but know that you really are needed-alot-still. How wonderful that they have such positive experiences at the dentist! :)
Post a Comment