Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of Pre K

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to school we go!!! I am so thankful that my sweet Lauren loves school. She was awake at 6:15 this morning and had to go to the bathroom. I tucked her back into her bed and I think she went back to sleep for a little while. But at 6:48 she was back in my room bright-eyed and bushy tailed ready to go to school. Lauren always wakes up happy! She's never grouchy or grumpy or tired when she gets out of bed, even on the mornings when I think she has to be exhausted, she still is the same happy, cheerful little girl.
Toady was no exception. She stayed with me while I got dressed for school chattering up a storm. Allison was still sleeping so we got breakfast ready before we woke her up. Lauren ate some Kashi cereal, a waffle and drank her milk. Allison was not too hungry when we woke her up, but she managed to eat a waffle and drink a little bit of her milk. I think it was a bit early for Allison. She doesn't have the same energy level and excitement that Lauren has in the mornings.
After getting dressed we were ready to get a quick picture before getting on to school.
Getting in the car to go to school

Outside her classroom (her friends Esther and Ariel in the background)

In her new classroom.....I think she really likes it!
Lauren and her friend Brooke

Lauren and Sam

Lauren and Ms. Cheryl at pick-up
Lauren really likes her new teacher Ms. Cheryl
I think we are in for another great year of school!!! There are already several things planned including her first field trip.....to the zoo!!! WOW!!!

3 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

So glad that Lauren enjoys school so much. Madison is the same way. She can be quite grumpy in the mornings but never on a school morning :) She still has the rest of this week and next before school starts and she is sad about this :( I have meet her teachers and really like them. Madison has a field trip this yr too...to a pumpkin patch!

April said...

I love Lauren's excitement! You can see it on her face in all the pictures. It is nice that she wakes up so happy and ready for the day. The field trip sounds like so much fun for the kids! I hope you'll get to go as a chaperone. ;)

Cindy said...

I saw Lauren on the playground yesterday...and she was having a great time!! I'm so glad she and Sam are in the same class this year. And guess what...she motivated Sam to learn to pump on the swings yesterday!! He came home so proud! :)

I'll get to go on the zoo field trip, too, since it's on a Friday! Maybe we can all ride together. :)