Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Zoo Trip With Friends

With the beautiful weather we are having this week, I asked our friends April, Mackenzie and Josiah if they would like to go to the zoo with us. We had a picture-perfect day weather-wise and had lots of fun with our friends. April and I decided that it is so much easier taking our kids to the zoo together. The four little ones grabbed hands as soon as they saw each other at the zoo entrance and off they ran. April and I had a hard time keeping up with them pushing our big double strollers! While we didn't see a lot of animals today, the kids did enjoy lots of playing at Kids Cove, which is something Lauren and Allison haven't done much. (We usually get caught up seeing the animals and then we're too tired to enjoy the play area.) This was our first time in the water there, so it was a real treat. We loved spending the day with our good friends.


Lauren, Mackenzie, Allison & Josiah


Allison, Josiah & Lauren petting the camel

The Zoo has a new exhibit, the Wee Play Zoo. It's an interactive area that is enclosed (and air-conditioned :)) that lets the kids do all kinds of fun things. The girls enjoyed making pizzas in the Pizzooria Concession Stand.


Lauren & Allison making pizzas


Mackenzie and Lauren with their pizzas



Allison ready to cut her pizza

Say "Cheese", or should I say "Pepperoni"


Josiah and Allison splashing at Kids Cove


Mackenzie, Josiah, Lauren & Allison having fun in the water


Allison on the frog sprayer
We had so much fun with our friends today, we've planned a trip to Dollywood on Thursday. Can't wait for the fun there. That will be the girls first trip!! Lauren is beside herself with excitement!







2 comments:

April said...

We had sooo much fun with you guys! I love the pictures you got of the four kiddos. Thanks, again, for inviting us to the zoo. It was a wonderful day. We, too, are looking forward to tomorrow's trip to Dollywood! :)

Melanie said...

I haven't spent as much time just playing in kid's cove either! I need to just take a day to see the new exibit and play in the sprinklers! Glad you had so much fun. I am sure the girls will love Dollywood. Carter always has a blast and gets sooo tired!