I guess I'll start with Lauren's Holiday party at school. We (parents) were invited to come to her party to enjoy the festivities with the class. I didn't go for the whole party because Allison was with me, so we went for the last part. When Allison and I arrived, the children were finishing up "sewing" stockings. After completing the stockings the parents then handed out all kinds of goodies to stuff in the stockings. I never knew so much stuff could fit in a paper stocking! After their stockings were filled, the kids went out to the hallway to participate in reindeer games. Then after the games, it was back inside to decorate cupcakes. The kids loved this part! After decorating, it was time to fill their already hyper-active bodies with more sugar!!! Fortunately for Mrs. Jackie and Mrs. Christy after eating cupcakes, it was time to pack up and go home!! What a fun day!

Lauren proudly showing her stocking (which I cut out of the picture)




Lauren was kind enough to share her cupcake with Allison
I wanted to attempt to make a Gingerbread house with Lauren. Because I am so far from the Martha Stewart type, my Mom bought us a little kit that included everything you needed to build a beautiful Gingerbread house. This past weekend, we spent the afternoon decorating our house. Well ours certainly didn't look like the one in the picture, but Lauren had a blast decorating it and eating the extra decorations! I'm also sure the one on the picture was not completed with a 3 year helping out!;)

For those of you who received our Christmas card, you remember we selected a picture of the girls looking at each other while sitting in front of the tree. I actually started snapping pictures in front of the tree back at the end of November hoping to catch a good one! Well, that didn't happen.
So when we finally got both girls well and to church at the same time, they got to wear their Christmas dresses. (Lauren actually wore hers to Laurel 2 Sundays in a row!) I had this whole thing planned out where they would get to wear the dresses to church at Laurel and then at my parents' church. Well, due to sickness in our house, Allison didn't get to go to church the Sunday they were supposed to wear the dresses to Laurel. So I let Lauren go ahead and wear her dress because we were supposed to go to my parents' house the last weekend before Christmas and I wanted her to wear the dress to Laurel. Again due to sickness (this time Bill and I) we didn't go to my parents' house for the weekend. Instead we stayed home to get well. The girls and I were well enough by Sunday so I took them to Laurel in their matching dresses!
While wearing their cute little matching dresses, I tried again to get a picture of the two of them. No luck!!! Here are a few shots. If anyone has any suggestions for taking pictures of 2 small children and what you do to get them to 1. be still 2. look at the camera 3. smile PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!



Looks like Allison has the face of a 90 year old toothless woman!~



Finally a cute picture of just Lauren
Today we went to the Mall to see Santa one last time before Christmas. The line was very long to actually to talk to Santa. If I had thought for a second, the girls would have actually gone up to him, we would have waited in line, but we had seen that same Santa many times, and neither girl was interested in getting too close. We were at the Mall the day he arrived and he actually came up to us, outside of the area where he sat. Lauren insisted on me holding her and Allison held on to me tightly also. Santa gave the girls gingerbread cookies, but that still didn't make them want to talk to him.
For our outing to the Mall, I put the girls in pigtails! These were Allison's FIRST pigtails. If I do say so myself, she looks absolutely adorable!



This is Allison when we got back from the Mall. She got her baby and stroller, purses, and juice and was heading back to the Mall. That girl is too funny!
Finally here is a little Christmas song from Lauren. I bought her the Cedarmont Kids Christmas Carols CD and DVD. She has watched the DVD just about everyday and we listen to the CD in the car. One of her favorites is The 12 Days of Christmas. For the sake of time, we started with the 12th day!

3 comments:
Sorry y'all have been so sick, maybe Laurent won't get it and everyone is on the mend. I do hate all the winter germs, you would think with how cold it has been no germs could survive but alas those germs live on!
Looks like Lauren's party was a blast! How nice of her to share w/ Allison :)
I love the pigtails, used to do Madison's like that all the time but it got so long the pigtails looked funny maybe now that we cut a lot off it will look right.
I think the pics are great, no tips on getting small ones to cooperate unless you get in the picture too. That is how we do it, thank goodness for a tripod and timer!
Merry Christmas to y'all.
Okay Cindy...you're girls are ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE in every way! I loved your post about all your Christmas activities...the gingerbread house turned out great...Allison's pigtails just about brought tears to my eyes...and Lauren's song is amazing! How she can stay on pitch and remember ALL the words to one of the hardest Christmas songs around, I'll never know. I've always been amazed by her memory!!! Have a fantastic, healthy Christmas!
Okay. Lauren singing the 12 days of Christmas is too cute! The picture of the girls in pigtails is also adorable!!! They are just too beautiful! I love how they're both reaching up and touching those pigtails in the pic. And, the photo shoot in front of the tree is priceless. You need LOTS of captions! :) My favorite is the "toothless" one. I laughed out loud at both girls expressions in that picture! Hmmm, my advice about getting both girls smiling in one picture: time. Give them about 6 months or maybe closer to 1 year...that'll do the trick. :) Our kids fairly recently gained a "I like to cheese for the camera" attitude that makes picture taking a bit easier now. It'll happen...one of these days! :)
I loved getting your Christmas card and being able to add your girls to our photo board! Merry Christmas! May God bless you all with a happy, healthy Christmas and New Year.
Post a Comment