While away from Mom's kitchen we had to modify the Thanksgiving feast a bit, but we still enjoyed our favorites that Mom fixes. On Thanksgiving Day after lunch and a short nap for Allison, we drove into the mountains and let the girls put their feet and hands in the snow. It was a beautiful drive and we were so excited to see some bears!! If you know anything about driving in the mountains, you know that if there are cars stopped in the road and parked along side the road, there must be some wild life around. Bill let me out to check out the scene before we got the girls out of their car seats. Sure enough there was a Momma bear and 3 bear cubs. I took a picture but they were too far away to get a good shot.
Also, during the week we went to the aquarium in Gatlinburg (a first time for all of us) after eating at our favorite pancake place, the Pancake Pantry. Other activities during the week included shopping, swimming, lots of playing with Granny, Pawpaw, and Uncle Bill, and even a date night out for Bill & I.
Uncle Bill & Lauren in their cool shades on the way to the mountains.
Lauren in her cute little hat
Allison flashing a big smile for the camera
Waiting in line at the Pancake Pantry
Daddy & Lauren in Pancake Pantry
Lauren in the Aquarium
Lauren's favorite thing at the Aquarium was touching the horseshoe crabs
Allison touching the horseshoe crab
Lauren in with the sea horses
Daddy and the girls in the mountains....it was burrrrrr cold
Lauren & Allison all bundled up
The bears we saw (they are really hard to see in this small picture)

5 comments:
Sounds like lots of fun! We celebrated Thanksgiving up in the mountains the year Taylor was born. It was fun but much easier to prepare a feast at home. We love going to the Pancake Pantry....it is our favorite place to eat in Gatlinburg (I can taste the Strawberry Delight as I type this). Glad y'all had a good time and got to experience some new things...isn't the aquarium neat up there?)
What a fun trip! We, too, love the aquarium. It really is fun for all ages. I am so jealous that you got to see bears!! That is very cool. I'm not so sure I would have gotten out of the car to check it out though...;) Neat pictures!
BTW, I love Allison's coat! :)
April, someone had great taste in picking it out!;) We have put it to good use! Thanks for sharing!
You got some really fun pictures on your trip! I'm glad you guys got to get away and relax. What fun!
Post a Comment