Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Baby turns Eight

What a wonderful eight years we have been blessed with since our vivacious, energetic, full of life little girl became part of our lives.  In some ways in seems like just yesterday when she was born.  In other ways it seems like she's been a part of our lives forever.  As I watch the pictures scroll over the computer and look through albums of photos, I just can't believe how much you have grown and changed.  I love you, Lauren Elizabeth.  I think you are an amazing young lady and I know God has big plans for you. 
For your birthday we told you we would not have a big friend party because we were going to Disney in October.  You chose to invite your friend Lilly to go to JumpJam (a hot new trampoline place) and then spend the night with you.  It turned out to be a lovely evening.  After jumping, we went to Salsarita's and then Froyoz for a sweet birthday treat.
On Saturday morning after the sleepover, Daddy fixed chocolate chip pancakes for your breakfast.  We had a light lunch before celebrating your birthday with family.  You got some great presents that you have already enjoyed playing with a lot.  You got a horse which you love, a beauty seat for your doll complete with tools for fixing your dolls' hair, doll clothes, a knitting kit from your sister, earrings, necklace, bracelets, high top converse tennis shoes, clothes and roller blades. 
Lauren, Lilly and Allison at JumpJam
Fun times jumping
Strike a pose



Opening presents at your party...the horse Aunt Jen gave you
Reading a card
A birthday card mask from Aunt Jen...she gave you those adorable cat ears last year that we loved...Aunt Jen is the best!

Panda bear mask card

Reading Uncle Bill's card
Your Roller Blades

Sweet girl

Cute expression

I don't have any pictures of the birthday cake.  Uncle Bill took those.  Maybe I'll add them later. 
Lauren I pray you have a wonderful year and that you grow and learn so much.  You are such a smart young lady and I love how much you enjoy learning.  May this be your best year yet!!!  Love you Lou!!!!!  I'm so proud to be your Mommy.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

The birthday!! I almost forgot! She is such a joyful child...loved this post!

Bill said...

I'll never forget the sunrise on that August morning when Lauren was born. She's been like the sun in my life ever since! Love you Lauren!