Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Little Red Riding Hood.......No

Lauren

Lauren

At first glance you may think my very creative little girl may be pretending to be Little Red Riding Hood, but that's not the case.  She's actually dressed as Mary Ingalls.  I started reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books to Lauren this summer.  We are on the second book, Little House on the Prairie.  Lauren  loves the books.  Allison will sit in some and listen, but I read a lot at night when I'm putting Lauren to bed.  Lauren lays on the bed and I can just see her mind picturing what I'm reading.  She listens very intently and we discuss a lot about the pioneer times.  I am enjoying reading the books to her as much as she enjoys hearing them.  Bill has also taped the Little House on the Prairie television show and the girls have enjoyed watching that.  Well they only watch one episode over and over.  The girls are also enjoying playing like Lauren is Mary, Allison is Laura, and one of their dolls is baby Carrie.  I enjoy listening in on their play.  Lauren actually has said, "Yes, mam" to me more because that's what Laura and Mary say.
While reading the books, Lauren has also decided she is a lot like Laura because Laura loves to play, get dirty and have fun.  She also doesn't always mind.  I think it's funny how she has made the comparison.  She says she is not like the character Mary.
In the pictures, Lauren took a basket liner and tied it around her head like the bonnets Mary and Laura wear.  I absolutely LOVE her imagination.  The pictures were taken as we were leaving church tonight.  She wore the bonnet all the way to church and really wanted to wear it in to class, but decided at the last minute to take it off.  She put it right back on when she got in the car.
Lauren Elizabeth Mease........I love you so much!

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

I loved those books and the tv show as well. Taylor read a few of the books years ago and enjoyed them. I have never thought of reading them to Madison...I may have to do that too.

Cindy said...

Oh they were my favorites, too! Such a huge part of my childhood. We started reading Farmer Boy to the boys over the summer and they really enjoyed it. Will's class is going to be doing a novel study this year on Little House in the Big Woods. Such classics! I can see Laura Ingalls in Lauren, too. :)