Tuesday, August 14, 2012

First Day of Second Grade

What a blessing it is to have a sweet girl who loves school as much as Lauren does!!  I pray that she will feel this way about school forever!!  She woke this morning to flash me her "morning sweetness" smile.  Some time last year Allison and Lauren started waking up and giving me the sweetest smile with their eyes closed when I would go in to wake them up in the mornings.  Of course, when I make a big deal out of that sweetness, they try to out do each other with the smile each morning!! (Another blessing..... those girls are so pleasant and easy to get up in the mornings....probably because of our strict bed time we enforce!!!!!)

It was a cloudy morning and I was afraid we wouldn't get our traditional school picture outside on the sidewalk, but the rain held off for our pictures.
Lauren's 1st day of 2nd grade
Lauren & Allison
Lauren and her neighbor Carissa are in the same class this year
I walked Lauren in to school today and her class was still sitting in the hallway waiting to go inside the classroom.  I started to leave without getting a picture of her with her teacher, but I overheard another second grade teacher telling another mom it was okay to get a picture with the teacher.  So I went back and waited for Lauren's class to go inside their classroom.  I asked Mrs. Campbell if Lauren was getting to big to get a picture with the teacher and she said, "No."  So happy, because this is a great picture!!!!
Lauren and Mrs. Campbell

After praying for Lauren to get this teacher last year for first grade, I guess God wanted to teach me a lesson in patience.  Because after more prayers this summer, I found out that Mrs. Campbell moved up to second grade, and Lauren got in her class this year!!!  Yeah!!!!  A teacher friend at Brickey to told Lauren she would LOVE Mrs. Campbell and said I would LOVE her even more!!!  Thank you God for giving us this great teacher!!!

Lilly, Lauren's best friend from Kindergarten and her neighbor Carissa are in her class.  Her best friend, Emma, from 1st grade is across the hallway.

I think Lauren is off to another wonderful year of school!!!!  

No comments: