We had our Thanksgiving lunch at WEK on Thursday. Bill was able to come and eat with Allison. She was so excited to have Daddy with her at school. Her class sang a couple of songs in the church auditorium before the lunch. Bill got a couple of pictures of her standing up front ready to sing.
 |
| Allison's preschool class |
 |
| 4 year old Native Americans |
 |
| Our little Native American smiling at her Daddy |
 |
| Allison |
 |
| My 3 year old kiddos |
This was Lauren's story she wrote in school this week.
I love reading her writing. She has many things she wants to be when she grows up, a doctor (Pediatrician), an Artist, a wife, a Mommy, a Teacher.....the list can be longer on any given day.
This week I got a little note in Lauren's Kid Book (a notebook that comes home daily with homework, finished work, class schedule, behavior chart, etc.) yesterday. Lauren had a green day all day, as she calls it, but her teacher still wrote a note. It said she was having trouble with Lauren telling the other kids what to do. Well, we who know and love Lauren, know how she likes to tell her sister, and a few others what to do. (Must be that first child syndrome, something I'm not personally familiar with.) I had a talk with Lauren about how she feels when friends (or her sister) try to tell he what to do. I told her she needed to make sure she was doing what she was supposed to do and not worry about what anyone else was doing.
I helped out in Lauren's classroom today with a Thanksgiving craft, so I told her teacher that we had talked about the problem at home. Her teacher teacher told me that when she was talking to Lauren about telling others what to do, Lauren told her, "Well, I'm going to be a teacher, you know...." Guess she thinks she needs to get started early preparing to be a teacher!
No comments:
Post a Comment