Thursday, November 10, 2011

Random Stuff

  This week has been Spirit Week for Lauren at her school.  Each day has been a different dress-up day.  I remember I never really enjoyed those times when I was in school.  Lauren, however, LOVES the idea!  Wish I had taken pictures of her all week.  Guess I was a little slow to get on the band wagon with it.  Monday, they wore their school T-shirts, Tuesday was dress in their favorite sport attire.  (That goes along with their AR theme this year, which is Sports).  Wednesday was Mismatch day.  Today was Pajama day and Crazy Hair day.  Here's a picture of Lauren in her jammies and her crazy hair.  She wanted me to put lots of ponytails with some braided and some not braided.

Spirit Week---Pajama Day/Crazy Hair Day

Lauren's Crazy Hair

Driving to School....my how big my girl looks!

Allison is really enjoying school!  She continually amazes us with her vocabulary, writing and language skills.  Her favorite thing to say these days is, "Oh, my!"  She loves cooking with me and is a great helper in the kitchen putting away dishes and cleaning the table after meals.  She writes and colors so well.  She is even sounding out words occasionally trying to read.  I found her in Lauren's room one day "reading" the book, Chicken of the Family.  I love hearing her version a story.  She is also interested in the computer.  The other day she asked me to let her type her name on the computer.  Here's a picture of her hunting and pecking!

Allison typing on the computer

Checking her spelling!


We signed Lauren up for Upward Basketball.  Tonight was her first practice.  She was so excited.  We can't wait to watch her play.  Games don't start until January, so we have a while to wait.  She got her uniform at tonight's practice.  I think she would have slept in it if we would have let her.


Lauren, our little basketball girl.....watch out Lady Vols, she's getting ready early!

So many wonderful memories to enjoy with these little ladies.  Love you sweet girls! 

No comments: