Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Picking Blueberries

 The girls and I went to the Fruit and Berry Farm in Halls today to pick fresh blueberries. It was a fun experience. I was afraid the girls would pick any berry they saw, but I was pleasantly surprised to see they were very selective in which berries they actually picked. Lauren had eaten some really good blueberries and my parent's house this past weekend, so she was eager to pick her own. She also realized from eating them this past weekend, that the fatter the berry was, the sweeter it was. So she really searched for the biggest, fattest berries she could find.



Lauren picking blueberries
                              

Allison picking blueberries

Lauren and Allison picking blueberries

Sweet sisters
Fortunately we did not see any snakes out in the berry patch.  The lady at the store told us to go inside the middle of the bushes to find the best berries.  We encountered lots of June bugs and several bees, but no snakes.

This wonderful farm is only about 3 miles from our house and I'm so excited to find such a neat place.  I can foresee many trips there for some delicious fresh fruit.

Here is the fruit of our labor today.  I'm off to make some homemade blueberry muffins!


3 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

We love going there and picking our own fruit! We haven't gotten to go this year yet :( They always have the best blackberries :) Glad y'all didn't see any snakes...that would definitely ruin a visit!

Cindy said...

Those berries look delicious! I hope you'll bring me a muffin in the morning. :P

That's something I've wanted to take the boys to do...but maybe another year!

Bill said...

Ummm, I think I should get some credit for this post! Love you girls!