Friday, July 8, 2011

A Very Quiet House

Well, my girls have finally reached the age where they wanted to go to stay with their Granny and Pawpaw by themselves.  My parents have been waiting for this day for a while, but whenever I would ask the girls if they wanted to go stay with my parents, they were not ready to go unless Bill and I went.  But this spring they both decided  they wanted to go stay with Granny and Pawpaw by themselves this summer.  Lauren, the little planner, worked out a schedule on her own.  She decided they would go on a Thursday and spend Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights and then come back home on Monday.  Well her schedule was changed slightly because of a doctor's appointment for Pawpaw.  When I told Lauren they would have to go up on Friday instead of Thursday, she said without missing a beat, "Well, we're staying until Tuesday!"  That sweet girl, when she gets something in her head, it's very difficult to change her mind.

This is the first time both of our girls have been away from us!  Lauren stayed with my Mom while Bill had back surgery and was in the hospital for 5 nights.  Then she stayed with Mom again when I had Allison.  But Allison has never been away from us.  I had never spent the night away from her until the Laurel Ladies retreat this past March.  Bill was home with the girls then, so they haven't been without one of us.

They were very excited, but Allison was a little quiet as she was about to leave with Granny and Pawpaw.  When I talked to the girls just a few minutes ago, they both sounded great!  I know they are going to have a great time.  I will, too!  It's just a big milestone and I can't help but be a little sad with the quietness of the house tonight!

Bill and I enjoyed an afternoon out running around. We ordered pizza for dinner and ate it in the living room while watching a movie!!!  We haven't done that in years.  I'm sure I'll find plenty to keep myself occupied.  I just have to remember to slow down and realize I don't have to rush here or there to get back to the girls!  I do miss them though.

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

That is a big milestone! I love how Lauren has it all planned out! My kids love going to spend the night with grandparents and aunt hope and uncle chris but they started doing that when they were pretty small. In fact they sometimes ask me to see if they can spend the night with someone :) Enjoy your time with Bill...it will go by very quickly!

Bill said...

Hmmmm, could Uncle Bill be next? Naw! He's too much of a push over!