Friday, December 3, 2010

Father/Daughter Dance

Lauren's school had a Father/Daughter and Mother/Son Kindergarten dance tonight.  I remember the date of this big event was on the calendar all the way back at our Parent orientation night back in August.  Lauren has been looking forward to this night for a while now.  I think it was a wonderful idea for the kids to spend some special time with the parent of the opposite sex.  I love the first picture here of Lauren and Bill even though she has her eyes closed.  I love how she had her arms wrapped around her Daddy's neck.  I also must say, Daddy looked mighty fine, too! ;)
Father and Daughter
Sweet shot of Daddy and his big girl.


I think Lauren and Lilly are trying to break dance.....don't know where she learned that!

Lilly and Lauren dancing

Lauren and her classmates dancing with Mrs. Israel (her teacher).

I have some very strong emotions about tonight, but in order to preserve the special evening with Lauren and her Daddy, I'll write about those in another post.

Allison and I had a very special night together.  We got in our PJ's and snuggled up under a cozy blanket and watched Frosty and ate popcorn.  After the movie we baked cookies.  Allison loves to snuggle and Mommy enjoys every minute of that snuggle time.

Great Friday evening!

3 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

How neat! That is such a cute idea. That first picture is adorable...you can tell she adores her daddy :( Glad you got a little snuggle time with Allison...I love that snuggle time!

April said...

Precious. So precious. Love the pics. Glad you all four had special time in a one-on-one fashion. :)

Cindy said...

What sweet memories for all of you! Great pictures...I'm interested to hear your thoughts about the rest of the evening. :)