We have always been so proud of our oldest daughter and how smart she is. She recognized all of her letters by the time she was two. She knew her address and phone numbers by the age of three. She can tell you when her birthday is, as well as her sister's, mine, her dad's, her Granny's, her Pawpaw's, her Uncle Bill's, her cousin Parker's, and her Grandma's, just to name a few. She can "read" (recite) quite a number of books that she loves to hear. Just in the past couple of weeks she has learned to add and subtract and has already memorized a number of those Math facts, namely all the doubles up to 20......1+1, 2+2, 3+3.....all the way to 20+20. Bill enjoys doing the Sudoku puzzles in the paper and has even had Lauren in his lap explaining how those work. Bill really enjoys Math, so I'm hoping that sticks with Lauren.
Well, Allison is not one to be left out in the family, so my brother took this picture of her over Easter weekend while we were at my parent's house. Allison is working the crossword puzzle from the daily paper.
I love these pictures of Allison. I think her hair is absolutely beautiful in each one. I think she had just finished her bath before they were taken. Allison is just as smart as her sister. She is enjoying learning to use sign language and finger spell her name. One of her favorite names to finger spell is her friend Josiah's.
OK, if you are really wondering, Allison is not really working the crossword puzzle, but she was writing the letter "O" perfectly in each square. Needless to say, we are very proud of both of our daughters.
2 comments:
Beautiful pics, and yes, you do have two very smart girls! Isn't it amazing how much kids can learn when someone special takes the time to teach and explain?! They will both do well in school, I'm sure. :)
You do have really smart girls! I love how my girl's hair looks after baths, so shiny and healthy!
Post a Comment