Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Kindergarten Round-Up

Today I walked in to Brickey Elementary to register my baby for Kindergarten. The school place has always been such a comfortable and familiar setting for me as a teacher, but today, I felt like a total stranger in this school that I will be leaving my daughter at beginning in August. Thank goodness my friend Krissy came by to take us with her for registration, or I would have been totally lost. She showed Lauren and I around the school a little bit while we were there.
Filling out the Knox County School enrollment form was such a foreign thing for me as a parent. I have read so many of those enrollment forms for the children I have taught, and now I am the parent filling it out.
I was very impressed with the school. I think it will be a wonderful place for the girls. The classrooms looked beautiful and the school itself seemed very inviting despite it's large size. I look forward to getting to know the people at the school and becoming a part of this wonderful community we have become part of.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I remember that day so well with Will! And I felt just the way you did...the parent now, rather than the teacher. It still is a strange feeling for me at times when I'm there. So glad you're pleased with the new school! Did you meet Mrs. Suffridge? She and I used to teach K next door to each other at Inskip. :)

Oh by the way, Mr. Paul hired a K teacher/principal for WEK!

April said...

I bet it was strange to be on the parent side of things when you were so used to being on the teacher side. I'm so thankful you were pleased with the way things went yesterday. I do hope that Lauren ends up with a wonderful teacher, wonderful new friends, and a wonderful Kindergarten year!!! I'm sure it will be an emotional time for you. What a milestone!

Holly Aytes said...

How exciting!I know it is emotional...I remember crying when Caleb went through all the kindergarten rituals! I don't remember being as emotional with Taylor, probably b/c I had a newborn and she just seemed so much more mature and ready than Caleb was. I too am glad that you have a friend to walk you through the process. Lauren is going to do great!