Sunday, October 4, 2009

What to do when you have the flu

Since we have been couped up in the house this past week with some virus, we had to come up with something to help help pass the time away during the day. The following two pictures are the girls enjoying Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie treats we made one day. They couldn't wait to let the chocolate set, so they were extremely messy!

Yummy chocolate

I think you can tell Allison is sick by her eyes.
One day both girls were sitting in the living room reading books. I love how they both enjoy reading. Allison loves to read Brown Bear, Brown Bear to you. Lauren has so many books memorized that she loves to read to you. The last time my parents were here visiting, my Dad was reading a book to Lauren and she corrected him lots of times on words he didn't read exactly right. If it is a book she listens to a lot, you better make sure you read it word for word or she will correct you.

Lauren and Allison reading

I love this sweet picture of Lauren reading


Love this one of Allison, too!
One good thing that came from the week was Allison slept in her twin bed for the first time. We've had the crib and the twin bed in her room for quite some time now, but she has not been interested in sleeping in the twin bed. A couple of times she would say she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed, but after reading her stories, Bible, and prayer, she changed her mind and wanted to sleep in the crib. I actually slept with her the first night she slept in her twin bed because her fever was so high. The next night she slept in the bed alone, but every time she woke up she cried out for us. Last night she actually slept all night without crying out until about 5:00 a.m. I think she rolled over and hit her head on the wall. I was able to go in there and hold her for just a second and she went right on back to sleep. She is in the habit of going through a ritual before she lets you get out of her room at night. She has to say good night, sweet dreams, and I love you several times. If you try to leave before she finishes saying those phrases a couple of times, she will cry until you come back and let her finish. You have to let her know when it's the last time!

Allison's first night in her twin bed

Lauren sleeping peacefully. She has a relatively new full size bed and we haven't bought bedding for her yet. The crib Allison is (or was) sleeping on converts to a full size bed and we plan to use that in Lauren's room. We have had the mattress and box springs on the floor in Lauren's room since we got it. She loves it that way. Hope she likes it when we actually get to put the bed together. I am ready to get the crib converted to Lauren's bed and get her bedding picked out. I'm also ready to get Allison's room fixed with just the twin bed. Hopefully that will happen soon. Getting rid of the crib will definitely be bitter sweet though!


This picture was taken today. It is Allison's first fever free day since Thursday! Hooray!


Hopefully Lauren will not come down with the fever. She's been around all of us and I don't know how she managed to escape it. It hit the rest of us pretty quickly, so hopefully the fact that she hasn't developed a fever yet means she will escape this one!

2 comments:

April said...

Such adorable pictures of those two adorable girls!!!! I love the pics of them reading, and the chocolate ones, too! :) I'm so glad you are all getting better. I do hope you all stay well!

Holly Aytes said...

Glad everyone is getting better, hope that Lauren continues to stay healthy! I can't believe how big Allison looks in some of those pictures :) Looks like y'all have managed to have a little fun even while being stuck indoors :)