Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Celebrations

I enjoyed my first Mother's Day celebration of the week on Thursday by going to a Tea at Lauren's school. What a wonderful morning we had together. I left Allison with Grandma so Lauren and I were able to spend some time alone! I was expecting cookies and tea in her classroom and was pleasantly surprised by a schoolwide wonderful brunch in their fellowship room. We got to sit with several of Lauren's good friends in her class, so that made it a wonderful time for all of us.

Lauren and I


Ariel, Darrah and Lauren

Ariel, Lauren and Esther

Our next celebration was on Saturday when we had a cookout at our house with Bill's family and mine. My parents and brother were there, as well as Bill's Mom, Tim, Dave, Jen, Parker, and Jared. It rained all morning, but fortunately when it was time to cook the rain stopped and Bill didn't get soaked cooking! We had such a relaxed and wonderful time being together with family. My sweet brother got Mom and I poster size collages filled with pictures of our trip to the mountains back in the fall.

Today we got to spend the day going to church and then just relaxing at home. There's nothing better than being home with the family! And there's nothing better than being a Mom to two beautiful angels that are gifts from God!

My two girls on Mother's Day


Mother's Day kisses!

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

I love the Tea luncheon! What a great idea :) Glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day! You have such sweet and beautiful little girls :)

April said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the tea at school! I'm looking forward to one that is on Tuesday with Mackenzie. I have no idea what to expect, but I'm sure it will be fun. I love the picture of Lauren and her friends, and also the one of you with those two beautiful girls, Cindy! GREAT picture.