Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Out of the Mouth of Lauren"

One morning while we were eating breakfast Lauren looked at me with a very serious face and her head cocked to the side and said, "Mom, do you know what's in my heart?" I said, "No, what is in your heart?" She answered, "Let me open it up and see........Jesus!" Thinking she had heard that at pre-school in her Bible lesson, I asked her, "Who told you that?" and she said, "Mrs. Melinda." Thank you Melinda for being a great teacher!

Just this past Sunday we were in church and I gave Lauren her money to put in the collection plate. I told her as I always have, here's your money to give to God. Well this time she was busy writing and she looked up at the men passing the plates, and said "Which one is God?"
It was a little hard to keep the chuckle quiet!

Would you like a combo?
Lauren was riding on her little ride on car (which is almost too small for her long legs) in the kitchen and drove up to the dishwasher and stopped and began to place her order at Chick-fil-A.
She said, "Let me tell you in just a minute (we often say just a minute please). I'll have chicken nuggets and a combo with sprite to drink." We really don't eat fast food that often, but she has the ordering down pat!!!!

Finally, one afternoon Lauren was helping me with the laundry. She loves to fold the baby washcloths and then put her clothes away. (Allison just loves to take the clothes out of the basket and put them in any drawer....I just found some pajama bottoms that were missing in a drawer that we never use) As Lauren was taking her shorts to put those away, I said, "Those go in the 4th drawer." Your shirts go in the 3rd drawer..etc." When she got to her big girl panties, she said "Those go in the twoth drawer!"
I love how kids learn a Language rule on their own and then apply it to every situation.

Out of the Mouth of Allison

We are enjoying listening to Allison's growing vocabulary. Since Lauren didn't begin talking until she was 18 months old, we're just so excited that Allison has a nice little vocabulary this early. Her new favorite word to say is "MINE". Lauren has done a great job teaching her that word;). She also uses eat, nack (snack), more, up (when she wants you to pick her up), tank (for thank you), hi, bye, PawPaw, potty (her latest fascination) cheese, and juice, boo, elbow, knee, and of course "NO" (which sometimes comes out more like "on"). She attempts just about anything you ask her to say.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

The collection basket one cracked me up! That is so funny...you should send it in to Parents magazine...Baby Bloopers, or whatever that section at the end is called.

Love the list of Allison's first words...I did that with Will. Can't remember if I did with Sam or not. ;)

April said...

You have a blog!!! Yippeee! I found you via a comment you left for Cindy Taylor. I'll have to link you to ours...

I love the "which one is God?" That is too funny!! You really should send that in to a magazine.

You should add to that list of Allison's words, "Bible, Jesus, and Duck" all of which she says very clearly in Bible class! (Well, Bible and Duck are clear, Jesus is recognizable in context, but all very impressive!)