Monday, July 1, 2013

Lauren Gets her Ears Pierced

Lauren has talked about getting her ears pierced quite often.  She always wanted to do it when she was older.  She would talk about how excited she was to get them pierced when she was older.  A few weeks ago, she decided she was older and ready to get them pierced.  We talked about when she would actually do it and then one day we were ready to take the big step.  We planned to go after her piano lesson on June 12.  The evening before, Lauren complained a little with an ear ache, and by the time she woke up Wednesday, she was in a lot of pain.  I called the Dr. as soon as the office opened and we got an appointment before her piano lesson.  Lauren had swimmer's ear.  We got an antibiotic steroid ear drop and went on the piano lesson.  After her lesson, Lauren just wanted to go home,  After another trip to the Dr. the next morning where Dr. Abby had to clean out a lot of wax and crud from her ear, we left with an oral antibiotic and headed back home.  For two days, Lauren just hung out on the couch.  Dr. Abby said swimmer's ear and bone pain were the two most painful things to endure.  I believe it because it takes a lot to get Lauren down.  But after a couple more days of antibiotics she started feeling better.  

We decided to wait until the 10 day round of antibiotics were finished before planning the ear piercing.

Finally, on Sunday, June 30 we planned to head to the mall after church and lunch to get those ears pierced.  Lauren was so sweet, she kept saying she was anxious.  Another girl was getting her ears pierced when we got there, so Lauren got to watch.  Luckily the other girl did not show any signs of discomfort during the piercing.  Lauren still would have backed out if I would have said OK.  But I convinced her to go ahead and get it done.  She was a brave little girl, and luckily they could pierce both at the same time using two people.  I think it shocked her and she had a bit of water in her eyes at the end, but she was NOT going to cry!  I love her bravery.


Just before getting her ears pierced.....no holes in those ears
I love how she is holding my hands in front of her...the two ladies getting ready to pierce
Right after the piercing....trying really hard to be brave
Even though this picture is blurry, I love her sweet smile....she was SO proud
Her little ear was red after the piercing
At home with sissy with her newly pierced ears
Look at my star earrings
Up close picture
My big girl is so proud of those earrings.  She picked small star shaped earrings.  She has to leave them in for 6 weeks.  She can change those earrings out for new ones just in time for the first day of 3rd grade.  I cannot believe my angel will be in 3rd grade in six more weeks.  I love you Lauren.  I'm so proud of the beautiful, brave young lady you are.

No comments: