Friday, November 16, 2012

Halloween Pictures....a bit late!

Even though Thanksgiving is less than a week away, I thought I would go ahead and post our Halloween pictures.  We really struggled coming up with ideas for costumes this year.  I was totally unimpressed by any of the costumes I saw on-line or in stores.  The girls were not really all that excited about picking out something.  So, after looking through a catalog and shopping in a store, we decided to look for ideas that included two people.  We found a cute idea of milk and cookies that was easily made at home.  The girls got so excited about the idea.  Lauren was going to be the milk and Allison was going to be the cookie.  I shopped around and got the supplies to make the costumes and the girls helped complete them.  Before our first Halloween activity which was an annual neighborhood Halloween party, Allison decided she didn't want to be a cookie because she was afraid someone would laugh at her.  :(  She had picked out a Rapunzel wedding dress costume when we were shopping in Target earlier.  She wanted to be Rapunzel the bride, so I went back to Target to get the costume (fortunately my sweet brother had a coupon for $5 off any costume).  That left our milk without a cookie.  Sweet  Daddy stepped in to be part of the pair and Lauren decided to switch to the cookie and let Daddy be the milk.  I must say daddy and daughter made an adorable milk an cookie pair.  But Lauren was not happy with her costume.  She was afraid people at the party would laugh at her.  (Aren't my kids too young to worry about peer pressure like that?)  She did go ahead and wear the cookie costume to Cole's Halloween party, but then chose not to wear it to Trunk-or-Treating the next day.  Instead we pulled out her Super Girl costume from last year.  Luckily it still fit! 

Daddy the milk and Lauren the cookie.....absolutely adorable, I think!
Allison in Rapunzel's wedding dress....this is so my little girlie girl!
Lauren the Super Girl
These costumes do suit their personalities

Allison and Lauren at Trunk-or-Treating

Mackenzie, Josiah, Lauren, Allison behind Lauren...April and David

These four sweet kiddos have spent the past several Halloweens together..Josiah, Mackenzie, Lauren, and Allison

Halloween day....love their Snoopy Halloween shirts

Lauren and Allison getting ready to go Trick-or-Treating
Allison, Lauren and Carissa
The man on the porch handing out candy kind of scared Allison...she didn't want to go up there

Jaycee, Carissa, Lauren, Allison and Jackston Trick-or-Treating in the neighborhood


We really enjoy Halloween in our wonderful neighborhood.  I took the girls around with some neighbor friends while Bill stayed home and handed out candy.  All in all, it was a fun Halloween.

1 comment:

Bill said...

My little princess and my little super hero!