Saturday, December 17, 2011

Lauren's Basketball Debut

Lauren's Upward basketball league had a Jamboree today, so we got to see Lauren play in her first game.  As predicted, it was so much fun to watch.  Lauren was very focused and really did what her coaches asked her to do.  I was so proud of her.  She had quite a little cheering section with my parents and brother and Bill's step-dad.  We are looking forward to more games after the first of the year. 
Lauren inbounding the ball


Lauren waiting for her turn to play


Lauren playing defence, she's in the black jersey with her hands up!

A proud Mommy with her little basketball player



2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Congrats Lauren! I remember playing basketball for my elementary school 3rd-6th grade. I have great memories...I wasn't very good at making baskets (I scored less than 10 pts the entire 4 yrs of playing) but I was great at guarding! So far none of mine have shown any interest in basketball...seems tennis will be this families game :)

Cindy said...

Looks like fun! And I learned a new term...inbounding. (Can you tell I'm not the biggest sports enthusiast around?) Good for Lauren!