My sweet Lauren continues to amaze and inspire me. She loves school so much!! She did not jump out of bed this morning when I went in to wake her up like she did last year for her first day of Kindergarten. But once she did get up, she was the same enthusiastic little girl eager to go for her first day of first grade. Last night as I was putting her to bed, I asked her if there was anything that she was nervous or concerned about for school. She does not have one single person from her class last year in her room. She kind of looked at me like I was crazy when I asked her if she was concerned or worried. She just said she could not wait for school. We got her in bed early and even spent some extra time right before bed reading and settling down. But she still had trouble going to sleep because she was so excited about school.
When I picked her up at 11:15 she was beaming and eager to tell us all that she did on her first day. She's ready to go back tomorrow for her first full day. I just hope Mommy is ready for her to be gone that long. I don't think her little sister will really like her long hours at school!!
 |
| My big girl ready for first grade |
 |
| Our 2nd annual outside picture before school |
 |
| Lauren sitting at her first grade desk. She looks so big to me. |
 |
| Lauren busy at work on her first day. |
2 comments:
Love that Lauren! I would have loved being her first grade teacher! It does seem like a long day, now that they're there, doesn't it?
What a special girl!
Post a Comment