Lauren reached a major milestone today. One that I wasn't quite ready for. Daddy pulled her first tooth tonight after church!!! When I picked Lauren up from school today she told me her tooth was really loose. I had just brushed her teeth that morning before school and I didn't notice any difference from when we first discovered the loose tooth. She went to the dentist last week during spring break and the dentist said it could come out in a week or months, depending on how much she wiggled it. I hadn't noticed her wiggling it a lot. She had kind of gotten used to the idea of a loose tooth and wasn't obsessed with it. But today after school when I got home and looked at her tooth, it was really loose. We wiggled it and I pulled gently on it, but it didn't come out. After church when Bill got ready to brush her teeth, we asked her if she wanted Daddy to try to pull the tooth and she said yes!!! She is such a brave little girl. Bill wiggled it a little and it started to bleed some. That scared her a bit, but she wanted him to keep trying. After just a couple of quick pulls with a Kleenex, the tooth came out!!! She was soooo excited. It was just two weeks ago yesterday, March 8th when we discovered the loose tooth. That seems kind of fast for a tooth to come out to me. I don't know.
Both Lauren and Allison are quite excited about the tooth fairy visiting tonight. When I told Lauren I would check on her tonight, she told me to be careful not to disturb her when the tooth fairy came.
 |
| Lauren's loose tooth right before Daddy pulled it |
 |
| The hole in her mouth |
 |
| Lauren's first baby tooth to come out |
 |
| That precious smile |
 |
| Another sweet smile |
 |
| Big sister sharing the moment with her little sister |
My baby is growing up way too fast. I can't believe that she has less than 9 weeks of kindergarten left. I am so thankful to Bill for supporting me and wanting me to stay home with Lauren and Allison. It truly is a blessing to be able to enjoy these brief years that are passing so quickly. I love my husband and my girls very much!
4 comments:
Wow...I can't believe she lost a tooth! I think that makes her the first of our "group" to do that :) Madison doesn't have a loose one in her mouth and it is driving her crazy! Though I think when it comes time it will totally freak her out! I hadn't even thought about only 9 more weeks...Taylor will finish her elementary days in 9 weeks! Scary!!
Sam is dying to lose his first tooth, too! Congratulations to Lauren! She looks thrilled. Good thing the Tooth Fairy was prepared and ready...
Will lost his first 2 teeth on the same day...yikes! He was almost 6 at the time.
Lauren's enthusiasm for every life and all it's experiences never ceases to inspire me and bring a smile to my face. I love that big girl!
Oops! I messed that up! Please strike "every" from the comment!
Post a Comment