Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Lauren!!

I have always told you that God picked just the right angel from heaven to send to Mommy and Daddy to be our little girl.  It's hard to believe that it was five years ago today that He blessed our lives with you.  Today was a little sad because I had to work today and did not get to spend your special day with you.  Fortunately, Granny was here to watch you and take you out for a birthday lunch at Chick-fil-a.  With you beginning school this year, it will be the first of many birthdays I won't be able to spend with you.  I am definitely sad that our special time at home together is ending with the beginning of school.  But what a beautiful, sweet, and smart young lady you are becoming.  I am so proud of the person you are.  You are a shining light in my world.  Your enthusiasm and zest for life absolutely brighten my day.  

For your birthday you didn't ask for much.  You never have been concerned with "stuff".  When Granny asked you a while back what you wanted for your birthday, you told her you have "so many toys."  I'm sure the time will come when you compose a lengthy wish list for your birthday, but for now I'll enjoy that sweet innocence.  

You had your first "friend" birthday party this past Saturday.  You couldn't make up your mind about where you wanted to go, the Bounce House or the Gymnastics place.  You finally chose the Bounce House.  Your guest list included, You, Allison, Brooke, Lindsay, Josiah (Mackenzie couldn't come), Madison, Caleb, Will, Sam, Arionne, Chris, Egypt, Darrah, Dylan, Ava, Chase, Ashley, and Ella.

Your friends at the Bounce House
The birthday girl sitting beside Madison and Brooke
Opening presents

Thank you my sweet daughter for bringing so much love and happiness into our lives over these past five years.  We love you very much!!

1 comment:

Holly Aytes said...

Happy Birthday Lauren! Cindy, I too was sad when I couldn't spend the day with my kids b/c of school. I try to go to school and eat lunch with them if it is on a day when I am not working. It isn't the same though. And just wait...that long list is coming! LOL