Thursday, March 25, 2010

Goodbye Morning Glory Place

This will be the last post from Morning Glory Place. The computer is getting packed up tonight and we'll be without Internet service until next week. But that's ok. We load up the truck tomorrow and head on over to Summertime Lane on Friday. It's still a little hard to believe. Tonight is the girls last night in this house. As Lauren says, we are a little sad to leave this house. This is the home I moved in to when I married my wonderful husband Bill. This is the home we brought both of our girls to after they were born. For those reasons, I will be a little sad to say goodbye to Morning Glory Place. We also have such sweet neighbors here. They are all older than we are, but they have been so kind to us and to our girls. We are moving to a neighborhood with more young families with kids, which will be nice for the girls, but I shall miss the visits with Mrs. Maxine, and Mrs. Betty, two elderly women who live on Morning Glory. I shall also miss the beautiful view of the mountains from the kitchen window here.
But it's time to move on to a new chapter in our lives. Just over a week after we move, we have Kindergarten Round-up to register Lauren for Kindergarten in August. I'm so thankful we are able to move and get Lauren in a very good school here in Knoxville. That was our motivation for moving at this time!
So on Friday we will say goodbye to Morning Glory Place and hello to Summertime Lane. I am so thankful we got another good street name. I always loved our address here and I think I'm going to love Summertime Lane just a well.

3 comments:

April said...

Oh! You captured the emotions so well. I do well remember the mix of emotions involved in our own move, too. Especially the memories of bringing my babies home and witnessing so many of their "firsts" in the other house. I cried as we left our old house, even though I was totally excited about our new one! I do hope all goes incredibly well as you transition from one place to another. We're excited for you!!!

Cindy said...

You and April both made me cry! Moments like this are so bittersweet, aren't they? I've been thinking about you all day...and wishing the rain would go away! See you on Summertime!

Holly Aytes said...

Cindy, that is so true! I was sad to leave our first house as well. I have so many memories. It is going to be so much fun creating new memories in the new house too though! I am glad Matt was able to come and help you guys with the move, sure wish it hadn't rained though. I look forward to seeing the new house all set up. BTW, I love both of your street names...they sound so peaceful!