For many years I have prepared for the first day of school, but I have always prepared to receive students as they came through the door for the first time. I find myself in uncharted water being the "Mommy" of the precious little one entering school for the first time. When I taught first grade I had several children through out my years who would cry when they came in the classroom for the first time. I also patted many Moms on the back and assured them that I would take care of their little one. Tomorrow I get to take Lauren to her first day of preschool. I feel like I have prepared more tonight just to take her to preschool than I did when I was teaching a class full of children. As I said before this "Mommy" role is so different than my usual role as the teacher. Lauren is so excited to go to school and meet new friends. We are blessed to know her teacher from our church, so everything should go smoothly tomorrow, right?!
Today I actually got Lauren to take a nap (which she doesn't do these days) and I was so excited that she slept 2 hours. Before she went to sleep I was reading a book called "Peek-A-Boo, I See Who?" The book describes different Bible characters and then asks "Peek-a-boo, I see who?" On one page it was talking about the lion's den and the man who prayed to God while in the lion's den. I asked Lauren if she knew the answer and reminded her of a song on one of her cd's about him, and she proudly answered "Dandelion"!! I love that little girl!:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can't wait to hear how the big day went!!! For both of you! :)
Post a Comment